The 2015 campaign, “Nominate Greatness,” is now open to oncologists and hematologists for the new class of Giants of Cancer Care. Nominations are free and open to the public. Fill out the nomination form and submit it here.
The 3rd annual Giants of Cancer Care campaign recognizes those physicians and researchers who have devoted their time, talent, and resources to improving the care for the many patients and their families affected by cancer. Recipients of the 2015 award demonstrate the qualities that distinguish this award from others: unlimited selflessness, compassion for their patients, and a desire to understand and develop life-changing treatments against a disease that affects so many.
Below are the categories that physicians will be voting on this year:
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Gynecologic Malignancies
- Hematologic Malignancies – Myeloid (acute myelogenous leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, myeloproliferative neoplasm)
- Hematologic Malignancies – Lymphoid (non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma)
- Scientific Advances/Genetics
- Community Outreach/Education
- Supportive/Palliative Care
Launched in 2013, the Giants of Cancer Care initiative initially recognized the achievements of 12 pioneers in the oncology field, and was expanded last year to 16 inductees. Nominations were received in not only tumor-specific categories, but also in categories for education, supportive care, and genetics.
A compilation of the 2014 inductees that includes their stories, discoveries, and triumphs is now available in a Giants of Cancer Care album. It is our distinct privilege to honor these medical heroes. We will continue to recognize the leaders in the oncology field for their remarkable achievements in research and clinical practice.